5.26.2010

Peru

After much thinking and praying and hoping and worrying, it looks like I'll be heading to Peru in August. It was actually a pretty crazy turn of events that caused this. After receiving the phone call from AFM canceling Turkey, I applied to go to a few other places. Out of desperation, really. I can't believe that I was scared that God wasn't going to take care of me. But He exceeded my expectations - like He always does. So God got me a graphic design/project promotion position for Touch of Love in Peru. I couldn't be more stoked. It's like He knew where I really needed to be.

I got my shots last week. All 5 of them. Yellow Fever, Typhoid Fever, Polio, Hepatitis A, and Tetanus. I don't mind getting shots at all. But getting 5 at once was a rather painful exp
erience. Especially 2 days later when I couldn't raise my arms at all.

I found this picture of a nativ
e Peruvian woman. Probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I love the face paint and the necklaces.

I also can't wait to see Machu Picchu.

Next year is going to be crazy, to say the least. But I'm ready.


Now I just have to raise $4000. Any takers?

3 comments:

  1. Hanna! That's awesome.

    I'll be Argentina so maybe I can come visit you on one of my breaks or something. I'm glad that God has opened this door for you. I know He'll do wonderful things in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so cool! You're going to have an awesome year in Argentina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats really great hanna! Glad to hear things have worked out for ya. So neat to hear your experience. God Bless next year on this adventure. God is working in amazing ways in your life:) Have a great year

    ReplyDelete