12.16.2010

Leave

You need a series of  events (both fortunate and unfortunate) to pass in your life before you figure out the point. Or before you learn anything. For me, I think it took getting a new baby sister at the age of 14, my mom getting sick for 3 of my high school years, moving across the country to go to college, falling in love, learning how to rock climb, trying to surf and failing miserably, having my heart broken, making amazing friends, and finally...leaving. Right when everything was fine. Leaving all that I loved and all that I was. Or so I thought. I craved the change. And it has been the best decision I´ve ever made in my almost 20 years. 
God didn´t create us to stay the same. He didn´t create this whole world so we could just stay in the same city forever. Just look at the seasons, or the weather. It needs to change. Or else the universe would implode. My soul would have imploded. 
When you leave home, you can return and love it in all new ways. 


If home is where your heart is, then is it okay to have my heart in two places? 
Or does that get too confusing? 



3 comments:

  1. This is exactly what i needed to hear! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am late tuning in. But I was impressed with your comments under "Leave." You asked, "Is it OK to have my heart in two places?"
    The truth is that we do it all the time. For example, a mother loves her daughter with all her heart. But she also loves her younger daughter with all her heart. Somehow God made us to share our love ... fully ... and yet differently with different people. Of course, there are other ways of doing that, too.
    By the way, I wanted to say happy birthday. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Sabbath and a satisfying year end. We think of you daily and pray for you regularly.
    Pastor Paul

    ReplyDelete