3.03.2010

Has to be a first for everything...

Including blog entries.
And speeding tickets.
And car purchases.
And meeting new family members.
And going to bed before midnight?

- maybe not so much on that last one.

I had many flitting thoughts as I was driving. Good flitting ones. I wish I could journal and steer at the same time because my brain has some cool things to say. But I have a hard enough time staying in my own la
ne. Let's not add pens and paper. It takes me a good minute or two just to muster up enough hand-eye coordination to take one hand off the wheel to reach down and grab my sunglasses. And then to put them on? Oh, boy. That's another ordeal. By the time I got them on, the sun had gone behind some about-to-burst clouds and they had let loose their liquids. No need for the sunglasses. I did try driving with only one hand on the steering wheel. I know, such a dare-devil. But then when I almost swerved into a semi I decided it best to stick with two hands. At least I don't have to change up my driving habits for when I turn seventy. I'll just kick it old school now.

P.s. David Byrne + The Dirty Projectors = Mmmmm..

1 comment:

  1. Hanna, you are going to give your Mom gray hair if she reads "dare-devil driving with one hand on the steering wheel almost swerved into semi truck," eek.... Sister in Christ, Hugs Marie in Alaska

    ReplyDelete