4.01.2010

April fool + inspiration

The origins of this holiday trace all the way back to the 1500's. And that's the extent of my Google, I mean Topeka, sleuthing for now. That's quite a long time to have an entire holiday devoted to playing pranks on poor unsuspecting gullibles. I feel like a pretty big fool sometimes. But that's okay. Everyone has their own moments. And it can be fun. I know of a couple that got married on April Foo's Day. I can see it now.
"Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest would say.
"I do...wait. No. Just kidding. No really, I do. April Fools?"
No, that was a made up story.
April 1 is just another day. A beautiful day, at that. Spring has definitely sprung in Collegedale, Tennessee. The flowers on the trees are fully abloom, and producing quite a ghastly stench. They really do stink. Quite badly.
It's crazy how quickly things can change. Like the weather. And feelings. And plans. I thank God for change. But I guess too much of anything can be bad.
I read something last night that really caught my attention. I was reading in the book of Hosea, which I have to admit, I haven't spent a lot of time in. Or any of the minor prophets, to be precise. But I know that all scripture was inspired by God, so there is something valuable to learn in all of it. Even the genealogies.
Anyways, Hosea 14:4 says this: "I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely, for My anger has turned away from him." Check that out! God says right there that in the midst of Israel's backsliding, their constant turning away, God is promising to restore them and love them. But not just any way. He's loving them freely. I had to keep reading that verse over and over again because it was just so beautiful. God loves me freely. And He loves you freely too. Amidst your backsliding. That's perfect love.
One more thing. I'm in the process of planning a stop-motion video for my Interactive Media class. In my research I stumbled across this video. I just think it's so beautifully made. Love the song, too. Check it out.


2 comments:

  1. I am following your blog now. I found it. Just stumbled across. And now I am your follower. It's a little creepy/biblical. The sound of it, I mean.

    But there it is. And this video is awesome. Your thoughts aren't too shabby either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing. how sis they do that? did they take all of those photos? im digging your writing. i feel like its what im going through right now in my life.

    ReplyDelete